All about certification: There are three levels to certification. (Click links for additional information where available)
- Level 1 Requires 20 hours. Two-10- hour core courses. Healthy Edge and Safety & Sanitation. The NMSNA provides an easy way to get certified at Level One by simply registering and attending the 2 core classes offered at our Annual State Conference.
*HS diploma/GED will be required beginning in July 1, 2012 for level 1.
- Level 2 Requires HS diploma/GED and a total of 90 hours, 20 being your level 1 core courses and an additional 70 hours of training on specific key areas that pertain to your job.
- Level 3 Requires HS diploma?GED and a total of 150 hours with 20 being your level 1 core courses and an additional 130 hours of training on specific key areas that pertain to your job.
- LEVEL 1- Requirements: Employee for 1 year in food service. The Healthy Edge 10 hour "core" course given by approved trainer. Safety & Sanitation 10 hour "core" course, approved by NMSNA.
20 hours total
*or approve HE and S&S college courses. Diploma/GED beginning July 2012
- LEVEL 2 -Requirements: HS diploma/GED. Employee for 1 year in food service. 20 hour "core courses" HE -S&S Plus +
20 Hours in Key Area 1—Operations
15 Hours in Key Area 2—Nutrition
20 Hours in Key Area 3—Administration
15 Hours in Key Area 4—Communications/Marketing
90 hours total
- LEVEL 3 Requirements: HS Diploma/GED, Employee for 1 year in food service 10 Hour Core course -Healthy Edge and 10 Hour core course Safety & Sanitation. Plus +
35 Hours in Key Area 1—Operations
35 Hours in Key Area 2—Nutrition
45 Hours in Key Area 3—Administration AND Key Area 4—Communications/Marketing
15 Hours of General Electives
(Can complete courses in any of the four Key Areas)
150 hours total
Conversion Table for College Credits (*must pertain to key areas)
- 1 Credit Course = 15 Key Area Hours
- 2 Credit Course = 30 Key Area Hours
- 3 Credit Course = 45 Key Area Hours